If you’re looking to purchase a racing wheel; these are considered to be the best of the best. Some of them include other items besides the racing wheels, such as gear shifters, stands, pedals, etc. But, remember: The more you have in a package, the more its going to cost. If you want; you can just start off with a racing wheel and move up from there.
Fanatec Forza Motorsport Racing Wheels and Pedals Bundle for Xbox One and PC
– This one costs a little more than you might expect, but it also is a bundle so it comes with everything you need and it’s well-made.
The ClubSport Steering Wheel GT Forza Motorsport is designed and developed to provide you authentic racing experience with endless adjustment opportunities.
The ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is a masterpiece of Germaneering and sets new standards for performance and reliability. The ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is a careful and precise evolution of the highly successful V2. It comes with more advanced electronics and a new motor for improved feeling, functionality and even higher durability.
The custom-made load cell is extremely durable and much more precise as the one in V2. You can apply a realistic and strong pressure and precisely control the brake with muscle tension just like in a real car.
Logitech G27 Racing Wheels
– A simulator-grade racing wheel, the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel is designed to deliver the definitive sim racing experience for the PC and PLAYSTATION3.
It features a powerful, dual-motor force feedback mechanism with exceptionally quiet helical gearing; a six-speed shifter with push-down reverse gear; integrated RPM/shift indicator LEDs; a comfortable 11-Inch leather-wrapped rim; and steel gas, brake, and clutch pedals.
Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback Racing Wheels for PlayStation 4
Third party seller
– The Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback Racing Wheel is officially licensed for PS4. Also compatible with PS3 and PC, this wheel features 1080 degree rotation, force feedback, a built-in PS4/PS3 sliding switch, and an included large pedal set. With its official embedded software, this racing wheel is automatically recognized by the PS4 console and is compatible with the console’s menus. PC compatibility (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP) is ensured.
Thrustmaster VG TS-PC Racer Racing Wheels, Black
– TS-PC Racer is a powerhouse of technologies created to enhance gaming performance and offer a racing experience closer to reality, enabling gamers to be fully immersed. Thrustmaster TS-PC Servo base, Detachable Open Wheel with metal plastron and suede leather. ECOSYSTEM-READY.
Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE F458
– The Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE F458 Wheel Add-On is a detachable FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE replica wheel that fits the Thrustmaster T500 RS (PS3 & PC) and TX Wheel (Xbox One). The 458 CHALLENGE replica wheel, officially licensed by Ferrari, installs easily on your T500 RS, Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 wheel base, and TX Wheel. It is 11” (28 cm) in diameter and features a reinforced rubber texture on the wheel’s entire circumference which is held in place by brushed metal central spokes (2 mm thick) with metallic paint.
In the end, I am sorry to say that I do not have a concrete decision for you when it comes to a controller versus a racing wheel. It really comes down to you, the user. If you don’t mind paying a little more money, have a place to stash the racing wheel, and want to truly feel immersed in your game; splurge for the wheel!
On the other hand, if you are strapped for cash, you have a smaller gaming room, and you want to just race – and don’t really care about immersion per se; stick to the controller!
Personally, I do very well with a controller so it makes me wonder if I would do even better with the racing wheel; or if I would do just about the same.