If you like fighting games, chances are you bought Injustice God’s Among Us back in 2013. This game was unlike any other fighting game out there because it didn’t just put two regular characters together or two fighting characters together (like in MC) but actual superheroes and villains. In Gods Among Us you chose between a few different DC Universe characters to fight against another character. The characters included Batgirl, Shazam, Nightwing, and Killer Frost just to name a few. There were 34 characters available in the Ultimate Edition of Gods Among Us. The 2013 edition really was a successful game. It hit 8.2 on IGN, 9.5 at EGM, 9.0 at Game Informer, etc.
The new Injustice, aptly named Injustice 2 will be available May 16th in North America for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
The Ultimate Edition
– With every match you’ll earn gear to equip, customize and evolve your favorite DC Super Hero or Super-Villain, meaningfully impacting how your character both looks and fights.
– Continue the epic cinematic story set in motion in INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together.
– The ULTIMATE EDITION of Injustice 2 comes in a steel book case.
– The ULTIMATE EDITION of Injustice 2 includes 9 additional DLC characters and 3 additional skins for Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl which allows players to transform select fighters into alternate characters.
– The ULTIMATE EDITION of Injustice 2 also includes two exclusive gear shaders which enables players to customize the look of their roster with alternate color themes.
– Pre-Order Now to Receive the Amazon-Exclusive “Supergirl Origins” Comic (while supplies last)
– This item does come with the Darksied preorder bonus.
While Injustice 2 obviously has some characters that are being brought over from the original Injustice game such as Batman, Joker and Green Arrow, you also have a lot of new characters such as Cheetah, Deadshot, Darkseid, Robin, Supergirl, and Firestorm just to name a few. This time around you have, in all, 29 characters to play with. You also get alternative costume for certain characters such as Reverse Flash, Power Girl, and Mr. Freeze. There are not as many characters as the first game, but I think they will include more characters in the DLCs.
Injustice 2 Story Line: “Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. “In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl, and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City, and Atlantis.”
Besides adding new characters to the game, they also added a new gear System for Injustice 2. Unlike a lot of games out there, the gear you put on your character isn’t just about looking cool, it also changes how you fight, how well you are protected and how you will progress throughout the story mode.
According to Nether Realm, each “part” of the body will have over 1000 different pieces available. So you have 1000 options for arm pieces, 1000 choices for leg pieces, 1000 choices for helmets, etc.
The trailers look amazing.
Here is one for Shattered Alliances (part 2)
And here is one for the story mode